Thursday, January 15, 2009

Magnum P.I. Kicks Some Serious Ass

Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love Magnum P.I. I still remember my brother and I watching reruns of it during one particularly great summer. It aired 4 times a day on 3 different channels, so it provided the perfect break from being outside. I was very fond of the show because it reminded me of the few years our family lived in West Germany (My Dad was in the army.) Magnum was one of the few shows we could watch on the Armed Forces Network. Anyway, I still love the show, even though some of the episodes don't hold up as well as others. Yet there are still some episodes that are just as powerful, or funny, as they were back then. One particular episode, called "Did You See the Sunrise This Morning?" was the beginning of the third season. Magnum and his buddies realize that a Russian by the name of Ivan has been knocking off some of their buddies, including Magnum's friend Mac. Ivan had run the POW camp that Magnum and his friends were in during the Vietnam War. Anyway, Magnum finally catches up to Ivan at the end of the two-part episode, and what followed was one of the most shocking and cold blooded endings I've ever seen on network television. Judge for yourself.

Transmission out.

No comments:

Post a Comment